3. Stick the cookie balls back into the fridge for a few minutes to harden. Meanwhile, pick out the jimmies sprinkles and candy eyes you’d like and melt the purple (or black) chocolate.
4. Take the cookie balls back out of the refrigerator. Dip one end into the purple chocolate to make the face. If you had a little chocolate that dripped down on one side, leave it and add the purple to the opposite side! It will look like the underside where the bug’s wings are stored.
5. While the chocolate is still wet on each piece, add two candy eyes then add two sprinkle jimmies on the top for antennae.
6. Stick the candies back in the refrigerator for another hour until hardened.
Did you grab your free Sandwich Cookie Balls recipe? If not, do it now!
Will you make a love bug or a ladybug? What flavor cookie will you use? Let me know in the comments. I’d love to hear from you!
Sign up for my newsletter!
You May Also Like
- Love Bug Bookmark Craft
- DIY Paper Plate Love Bug
- Fruit Roll Snake Snack and Wrapper Craft
- DIY Flower Pot String Cheese Wrappers
- Lunch Ideas for Busy Moms
- 5 Fun Pudding Cup Ideas for Easter
If you decide to do this project, I would love for you to share on my Facebook page or email me at [email protected]!