I found a stash of paper plates that were not being used, so we decided to do a fun Valentine’s Day craft! When I was little, I remember doing a lot of love bug crafts, so this was the perfect time to make a Paper Plate Love Bug with my son!
What You Need
- Paper plate
- Staples (optional)
- Black construction paper
- Black pipe cleaner
- Googly eyes
- Pink and purple paint
- Pink construction paper
1. Cut out shapes from the construction paper–a head for the love bug from the black and hearts to decorate from the pink.
2. Fold and glue/staple the paper plate in half. Leave a small opening so you can attach the head and antennae.
3. Slide the head and antennae into the open part of the paper plate then glue/staple down.
4. Carefully curl the antennae to make spirals at the ends.
5. Paint fun designs on the bug using the pink and purple paint.
6. Glue the googly eyes onto the love bug’s face.
7. Glue the cutout hearts all over the bug’s body to make spots.
Bonus tip: You can decorate your bug even more by adding glitter, sequins, or big kissy lips!
You May Also Like
- Seed Packet Valentines | Print and Fold Envelopes
- A Rainbow of Ways to Teach Colors
- Frozen-Inspired Handprint Olaf and Winter Shadow Box
- Glowing Monster/Alien Pendant
- FREE Spring Coloring Printout
- Bunny Rabbit String Cheese Wrappers
-Who will you give your love bug to?