Frigo® Cheese Heads® has amazing snack products, so I am happy to partner with them on this sponsored post to share these adorable Cupid’s Arrow String Cheese Valentine’s Day snack ideas with you.
Valentine’s Day is the perfect excuse to do something a little extra special for the kids–something that will make them feel loved. These Cupid’s Arrow String Cheese Valentine’s Day snacks were such a hit with my kids and they’re easy to make! They also make great non-candy Valentines to hand out.
String Cheese snacks are a staple in our house. We are always working on fun foods and crafts to make with Frigo® Cheese Heads® String Cheese and Valentine’s Day was no exception. One of our favorites of our Valentine’s Day projects is the Cupid’s Arrow String Cheese.
Cupid’s Arrow String Cheese Valentine’s Day Snack Idea
Frigo® Cheese Heads® String Cheese is delicious and is a family-favorite in this household. We eat it for snacks, on-the-go, and with lunches. We craft with the packages (see my String Cheese Rabbits tutorial) and make easy snacks (like my Caprese Salad Snowmen). Their String Cheese has only 80 calories per stick and 6 grams of protein!
This is a String Cheese wrapper craft, so you can leave the wrapper on and decorate the outside for this edible craft.
You only need a few supplies!
- Frigo® Cheese Heads® String Cheese
- Construction paper and patterned cardstock/scrapbook paper
- Paint or permanent chalk markers or permanent markers
- Washi tape or other decorations
1. Cut a heart shape out of some pink construction paper (of course, you can use any color or pattern paper you wish; have fun with it.).
2. Place the heart on the bottom of one of the String Cheese packages on the side without the label. Mark the width of the String Cheese on the top of the heart and cut out a notch so it fits around the String Cheese at the bottom.
3. Cut out the feather end of the arrow and cut a notch to fit around the top of the String Cheese package as you did the heart.
4. Have fun with the feather ends. I decorated mine with markers and washi tape. Some of them I left solid and others I cut slits so they looked feathered. You can even add glitter or sticky gems down the centers.
5. Glue or tape the hearts and feathers to the String Cheese. The heart goes at the bottom of the package and the feather at the top. School glue works okay, but you will want to hold it down with a clothespin until it dries. I opted for masking tape on the back. Another option is to use a little hot glue.
6. Write clever notes (or perhaps…cheesy notes) on the top of the String Cheese package using a permanent marker, permanent chalk marker, or paint marker. Pens may work too, but be careful for smearing. Note: wipe off any condensation on the String Cheese package before writing.
Create a special “stringalicious moment” with your children this Valentine’s Day or let them create these special moments with their friends while they enjoy these adorable Cupid’s Arrow String Cheese non-candy Valentines.