As promised, I have another fun tutorial using my adult coloring page paper fairies! This one is a Paper Fairy Puppet and it is oh so cute.
Oh, and yes, that is me featured on the puppet. My boys begged and begged for me to make myself into a fairy with wings. After I completed my Paper Fairy Mobile, I had an extra set of wings (I had planned it to have an extra), so I used the extra set with a picture of myself.
This tutorial will be pretty quick and formatted a little differently than my usual tutorials since I didn’t have too many in-process pictures to share and it is fairly simple to make. I had a chicken wire house decoration that the boys used to pretend play with the fairy, but you can use a doll house or puppet theater or even decorate boxes to create your own fairy homes!
What You Need
A photo of yourself, sized to that of the fairies (optional)
Coloring mediums (pencils, markers, watercolor, nail polish…whatever you use)
Hobby knife (optional)
Hot glue and glue gun
Fairy Puppet Directions
1. You will first want to print the fairies and wings and your photo on cardstock paper. I took mine to an office supply store to print since my printer is acting up.
2. Use your coloring medium of choice to color in your fairies then cut them out. Cut out your picture as well, if you choose to include that. I actually used some colored pencils to add detail as my printer didn’t do a great job with this photo.
3. Read this post for the full assembling instructions and coloring tips for these fairies.
Don’t forget to print this free Honey Bee Fairy Coloring Page!
4. Once your fairies are assembled, hot glue one end of the paper straw to the back of your fairy. Paper straws are so much fun because they come in so many colors and patterns. Choose something that will look fabulous with your fairies!
5. Use these fairies to encourage your children to play imaginatively and see if they will throw you a puppet show with a story they make up themselves! These also make adorable party favors at a fairy-themed birthday party.
Also pictured: Fairy Garden–tutorial coming soon!
Buy these fairies and wings HERE.
Do you love to color? What is your favorite art tool for coloring–pencils, markers, watercolor, something else? Share with me in the comments! I’d love to hear what products you use and why you love them!