*My recipes are currently based off of portions that feed my 3-year-old and myself with little to no leftovers so as not to waste any food while my husband is deployed. If you need more servings, simply multiply the recipes.
- 1 thawed filet salmon
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 teaspoon Daregal Gourmet fresh frozen basil
- 1 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon Daregal Gourmet fresh frozen garlic
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon milk, 2% or whole/buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon lowfat plain yogurt or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon rinsed and drained capers
- Salt and pepper to taste (sea salt and freshly ground pepper are best)
- Coat the thawed salmon filet(s) with some salt and pepper and bake according to the packages directions or about 17 minutes at 350° F until flakey. You can remove the skin before or after baking; I chose after so it just slid right off.
- In the meantime, cook the orzo according to the directions on the box until al dente.
- For the sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan then add the chopped garlic and simmer for about 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice, milk and yogurt and simmer, stirring frequently, a few more minutes until everything is combined and the sauce a bit thickened.
- Drain the orzo then stir in the chopped basil.
- Plate the orzo then rest the salmon filet on top. Drizzle the sauce over and finish off with capers.
-Did you try this recipe? Share your thoughts below and post a picture of your family enjoying Baked Salmon with Capers and Orzo on my Facebook wall!