New and exciting drinks can be so much fun to try out. Growing up, when we would travel to new places, I loved trying out various drinks that were offered, like interesting soda or tea or coffee. One of my favorite drinks that I discovered was bubble tea and another was kombucha. Since bubble tea is made with tea and kombucha is fermented tea, I realized these two favorites should pair very well together—and they do, in my Flavored Kombucha Bubble Tea Recipe with Raspberry Syrup.
I call it “kom-boba tea.”
We are excited to partner with Torani® to share our brand new “kom-boba tea” recipe. All opinions and recipes are our own. This post contains affiliate links; by purchasing through these links, you help support the family behind Arts & Crackers at no added cost to you! Thank you! #ToraniPuremadeSyrup
The first ever bubble tea that I tried was mango. It was simply fresh mango blended with ice and simple syrup with boba tapioca pearls added to the bottom of the cup. I instantly fell in love. There is just something extra fun about a drink that also has chewy boba pearls in it for exciting texture variety.
Recently, I found mango kombucha at the store, so I knew just what I wanted as my main kombucha flavor for this kombucha drink. Mango with Torani Raspberry Puremade Syrup…oh man. What a combo! Simple, classic, delicious.
Because I know how difficult it can be to find specific kombucha flavors around the globe (and knowing you may not be able to brew your own), I decided to try this raspberry syrup with a variety of kombucha flavors that I was able to find at the store. I discovered some great combinations that I’m sure you will love.
Oh, and did I mention how pretty this kombucha drink looks in the glass with the boba pearls?!
In our house, we try to stay away from artificial colors and flavors when possible, so I was very excited to learn about the Torani Puremade Syrups; they are not only free of artificial colors and flavors, but they also are free of artificial preservatives and GMOs. I chose one flavor—raspberry—but you can find a wide variety of flavors on their website. I definitely want to try some fun drinks with peach and vanilla flavors. The flavor combinations with Torani Puremade Syrups and kombucha are endless! Just add a serving of Torani and give your drinks a whole new life.
Flavored Kombucha Bubble Tea Recipe with Raspberry Syrup
- 1/2 bottle (8oz) kombucha (located in the refrigerator section near the produce)
- 1/3 cup black boba tapioca pearls
- 3.5 cups water (for boiling) + more for cooling
- 2-3 tablespoons Torani Raspberry Puremade Syrup (try their other flavors, too!)
- Ice cubes
- 2-3 tablespoons milk (optional—coconut/almond milk works great)
- Large saucepan
- Slotted spoon/mesh spoon/colander
- Large glass
- Syrup pourer/pump (optional, but it makes pouring much easier)
- Large smoothie straws (I only had plastic handy, but I will be purchasing these reusable smoothie straws—you can also get biodegradable smoothie straws)
Here’s how to make this tasty Flavored Kombucha Bubble Tea Recipe:
1. Prepare the boba tapioca pearls. You can use the instructions on the package. I prepared a cup of dry pearls and made a drink for each family member (so we could try several flavors). First, boil about 3.5 cups of water (the package I used said 10 cups of water per 1 cup of pearls).
2. Slowly add in the boba and give it a gentle stir. Let the boba heat until they are all floating at the top of the water.
3. Once the pearls are floating, cover, reduce the heat to medium, and heat for 2-3 minutes.
4. At this point, the instructions said to simply turn off the heat and cook another 2-3 minutes. I turned off the heat and removed the lid, then prepared the next step. This took 1-2 minutes (and the consistency was perfect).
5. Use a slotted spoon or a colander to drain the water from the boba, then place the boba into a bowl of cold water for about 20 seconds. Scoop out the cooled boba or drain in a colander.
6. Place the prepared boba in a bowl and add about 1 tablespoon of Raspberry Puremade Syrup (or another flavor of your choice) per serving to the boba and stir around to coat. This will keep them from sticking to each other, and will give your kombucha drink more flavor.
7. Scoop one serving (about 1/3 cup) of flavored boba into your tall glass.
8. Add in about 8oz of your favorite kombucha. Since I was using raspberry syrup, I tried mango kombucha, pineapple peach kombucha, lavender kombucha, and guava kombucha. They all tasted amazing! We will be trying it out with more of the kombucha flavors that I have, as well.
9. Add ice cubes to your liking. I added enough to stick slightly over the top of the liquid.
10. Drizzle another 1-2 tablespoons of Torani Puremade Syrup into your drink. The syrup will mix right in, and some will sink down to the bottom, adding some pretty layers.
11. If desired, add a little bit of milk. I added 2 tablespoons of toasted coconut almond milk to the guava + raspberry drink. You can also try regular milk, coconut milk, almond milk, soy milk, or cream. Use this with flavors that taste good with cream. I’ve had creamy mango boba tea before and was not a fan, but a strawberry or raspberry flavor would be good with it.
Add your straw, and you’re ready to enjoy! Remember, please do not swallow the tapioca pearls whole…chew them!