- 2 regular cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1/2 Tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped (Daregal Gourmet works well)
- Salt and pepper to taste (sea salt and fresh cracked pepper work best)
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients.
- Cook on medium heat at a simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently and using a potato masher to crush the tomatoes.
- Set aside a few minutes to thicken. Serve warm.
-Did you try this recipe? Share your thoughts below and post a picture of your family enjoying Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce on my Facebook wall!