We were out and about way too long and I still have to make a treat for my son to bring to AWANA. I brainstormed to think of what I could make that would be very quick and simple. Pudding dirt cups are always a hit (you may have seen my Pumpkin Patch Pudding cups that went viral and are now copied by tons of other blogs), so I decided to make a brand new pudding cup idea to share — Ladybug Dirt Cups!
This post contains affiliate links.
These are such a fun spring or summer snack and they are so simple to make. For my son to bring for his class, I made teeny tiny ones in mini cups and they were such a hit. Once we were home, I made full-size spring dirt cups to share.
Ladybug Dirt Cups Spring Pudding Snack Idea
One thing I love most about these Ladybug Dirt Cups is that all the ingredients mesh and really taste great together. The textures of the chocolate and crunchy candies and cookie crumbs are just the perfect touch with the creamy chocolate pudding.
- Chocolate pudding
- Chocolate sandwich cookies
- Green frosting (and a leaf piping tip)
- Red Candy Melts
- Black decorating gel
- Small candy eyes
- Flower sprinkles
1. Start with the pudding. Prepare it if you haven’t already, then scoop a little into a plastic cup (I love these ones.).
2. Top with a thin layer of crushed sandwich cookies. I crushed these in a food processor so they were a little more evenly crushed.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2.
4. Using a leaf tip with green icing, pipe a large leaf on top of the cookie crumbs.
5. Add black decorating gel (or frosting) to a small part of the red Candy Melt to give the ladybug a face, then add a perpendicular line and some dots to make the spotted wings/shell.
6. Give the ladybug candy eyes on the black head area.
7. Place the candy ladybug on top of the frosting leaf.
8. Add some flower sprinkles for an extra touch and you are ready to serve!
If your pudding is thick enough, you can also decorate with fabric craft flowers (keep the plastic stems).