Of all the meals we shouldn’t skip, breakfast is the meal that a lot of us do skip. I admit, I am the worst at skipping breakfast. Personally, I either have a hard time finding something to eat, I don’t have time to prepare anything, or I simply don’t want the hassle of preparing breakfast (especially before I’ve had my coffee.). Grab & Go Breakfast Kits are a great way to simplify your morning routine to ensure a balanced breakfast.
We know breakfast can be a hassle, so I am excited to partner with Timber Ridge Cattle Co. to bring you these grab & go breakfast ideas.
Breakfast is, agreeably, one of the most important meals of the day and can really impact the rest of the day, so eating a hearty breakfast is essential. Because finding food in the morning before you’ve nourished your body can be a challenge, these Grab & Go Breakfast Kits help keep you on track by getting you prepared ahead of time.
Protein and Omega-3’s help prep your body for the day. My husband has been really pushing me to consume more protein, because our bodies need it. Since I am not a huge fan of eating eggs at breakfast, I am in love with the new Breakfast Sticks from Timber Ridge Cattle Co. They taste delicious, I don’t need to prepare them, and they are high in Protein and Omega-3’s. I also love that there are natural with no MSG, no added sodium nitrates/nitrites and are 90% lean.
Timber Ridge Breakfast Sticks come in three great flavors:
- Maple/Sage Sausage (Sunrise)
- Applewood Smoked Bacon (Morning Sizzle)
- Honey Ham (Daybreak)
Timber Ridge beef sticks are made from a combination of flax-fed beef and pork. According to studies conducted by Kansas State University and Iowa State University, flax-fed cattle showed improved herd health and higher Omega-3’s. Their animals are also not fed hormones, antibiotics, or feed additives. Find out more about this and Timber Ridge Cattle Co. quality here.
Since Timber Ridge Breakfast Sticks come individually-wrapped and do not need to be refrigerated, they are the perfect addition to your breakfast kits. You can store them in individual bags then grab them and mix-match, put all the individual bags into larger bags to grab (what I did), or you can put them in food storage containers.
Grab & Go Breakfast Kit Ideas
Breakfast Kit 1
- Timber Ridge Daybreak Stick
- Fresh fruit on a stick (I used strawberries and raspberries on lollipop sticks because it’s easy to eat on the go–you can also use skewers)
- Jelly-Filled Croissant
- Greek Yogurt Drink (shown in a glass as a visual, but I recommend storing in a plastic to-go container with a cover)
*This breakfast kit should be stored in the refrigerator. I stored it right in the box my Timber Ridge sticks came in.
Breakfast Kit 2
- Timber Ridge Morning Sizzle Stick
- Apple (pre-washed)
- Crunchy granola mix (varieties with large chunks are easier for on-the-go)
- Yogurt-covered raisins
Breakfast Kit 3
- Timber Ridge Sunrise Stick
- Bagel chips with cheese (note: if you use cream cheese, you will want to consume that morning as it can get crusty–another option would be a slice of cheddar cheese or spread with your favorite soft cheese in the morning)
Some other nutritious additions to your beef stick breakfast kits could include:
- Hard-boiled egg
- Pre-peeled orange slices
- Dried fruit
- Trail mix
- Breakfast biscuits
- Crackers with cheese
- Oatmeal cookies (yes, I know…sugar…but also oats and raisins!)
- Protein power/energy bites
- Granola bar
- Pineapple, mango, or melon on a stick
Whether you are heading to work or school, running morning errands, or spending a lazy day at home, Grab & Go Breakfast Kits will help you fit this very important meal into even your busiest schedule.