This fantastic idea for Scarecrow Sandwich Cookie fall treats is today’s awesome guest post! How cute are they?! These are perfect for fall parties, bake sales, or seasonal gifts. I know right now it’s almost winter time, but I wanted to share this edible craft before the season is completely over. Pin them for next year or…
Turn these scarecrows into snowmen for winter by removing the hair, making the hat in blue or red or green, and tilting the nose a bit to look like a carrot!
Scarecrow Sandwich Cookie Fall Treats
Serves 1 dozen
1. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the white chocolate melts for 45 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir. Continue to microwave in 10 second increments until melted and smooth.
2. Cover the bottom of a plain cookie mold with melted white chocolate.
3. Place an sandwich cookie on top of the melted white chocolate.
4. Cover each sandwich cookie with the melted white chocolate, up to the top of the mold.
5. Chill for 30 minutes.
6. Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
7. Gently remove each chilled cookie out of its mold and place on the lined baking sheet.
8. Pipe yellow (or white) icing at the top of each sandwich cookie (and down the sides) where you would like the scarecrows hair to be. Place shredded wheat cereal on top of the icing. Allow to “dry” for 5-10 minutes.
9. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the blue candy melts for 45 seconds. Stir until melted and smooth.
10. For the rim of the scarecrows hat, dip 4 chocolate wafer halves into the melted blue chocolate and place on the top of 4 white coated sandwich cookies. It’s okay that it covers part of the hair. You want it to be sticking out from the hat. The round part of the wafers should be facing upwards.
11. For the tip of the hat, dip 4 Bugles corn chips into the melted blue chocolate and place at the very top of each sandwich cookie. Place back on the lined baking sheet for 10 minutes to allow the chocolate hat to harden.
12. Repeat steps 9-11 using the orange and bright green chocolate melts.
13. Apply a small amount of white icing to the back of each candy eye and place two eyes on each scarecrow.
14. For the nose, apply a small amount of icing to the back of the orange candy pieces (that were cut in half).
15. Using black decorator icing gel, pipe a smile on each scarecrow. At the top corner of each smile, place a heart shaped confetti candy piece. You do not have to dab icing on the back, the confetti candy will stay in place.
16. Dab a small amount of icing on the back of each Wilton flower candy and place on the scarecrow hats.
These Scarecrow Sandwich Cookie fall treats are so cute and simple to make! Where will you serve yours?