Disclaimer: I participated in an Ambassador program on behalf of Influence Central for the MetLife TRICARE Dental Program. I received a promotional item to thank me for my participation. These views are my own and were not at all influenced by the party who gave me this opportunity..
Even if your kids do not get sugary sweets and drinks all the time, their teeth need to be taken care of properly. Grinding, minimally brushing, and chipping teeth are just a few of the common causes of trips to the dentist. You can prevent some of these or stop them before they get worse by routine visits and cleanings.
The TRICARE Dental Program from MetLife seeks to provide cost effective, flexible, and easily accessible coverage worldwide for military families like ours. This can be extremely helpful if you are moving frequently and could not otherwise afford all the dental work your family needs taken care of.
- Benefits for spouses and children of Active Duty military, and National Guard and Reserve members and their families
- Convenient and cost-effective continuous dental care for military families regardless of life events, geographical location, or military status
- Low cost premiums, free annual exams, discounts on orthodontist services
- Two cleanings and 2 exams free per year (when a network dentist is seen)
- Orthodontist care covered for children up to 21 (23 if that child is a full-time student)
- Part of military TRICARE Health Plan, though you will need to enroll separately to begin coverage ENROLL HERE
MetLife TRICARE understands military life…the PCSing, the income…they will work with you to make sure your dental health is covered. When choosing your healthcare plan, flexibility and cost are some of the most important details to take into consideration and TRICARE fits the bill.
Dental Care Tips For at Home
- Floss your teeth before brushing.
- Brush your teeth 2 times a day.
- Brush your teeth for 2 minutes each time.
- Eat healthy.
- Rinse your mouth out after eating sweets or drinking sugary drinks.
- Reward good brushing! Maybe it’s an extra story before bed or a sticker chart, whatever helps your kids love dental hygiene.
I love seeing my kids smile and knowing their teeth and gums are healthy. My oldest son makes me so proud because he will brush his teeth twice a day and I do not even have to ask him! Even the baby loves his teeth brushed (and he has a lot–he just got in FOUR molars!)
What do you love most about your child’s smile? I love knowing that my children are happy.
Do your children have a good dental routine? Can they brush unassisted or do you help? Share your dental routine in the comments and feel free to share a teeth brushing (or flossing!) picture on my Facebook page!
Know someone who could use this? Hit the “share” buttons below! Be sure to follow Arts & Crackers on social media (buttons at the top right of the page.)
What is your dental routine?