*My recipes are currently based off of portions that feed my 3-year-old and me with little to no leftovers so as not to waste any food while my husband is deployed. If you need more servings, simply multiply the recipes.
Quick and tasty homemade macaroni and cheese that will make you melt.
- 1/2 box Rotini pasta 8oz (or half a pound)
- 3 Tablespoons salted butter
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Colby cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Cook the noodles according to the directions on the box then drain. Do not rinse but leave them a little bit wet.
- Keep the noodles in the same pot they were cooked in and add butter; stir to coat.
- Add cheese, milk and seasonings and stir well.
- Pour the macaroni and cheese mixture into a square casserole dish and spread evenly. Bake for 5 minutes.
Want a great side? Cut some 1 1/2-2 inch slices of French bread; drizzle with olive oil; sprinkle on garlic salt, thyme, oregano and freshly cracked black pepper; then bake for 5 minutes along with the macaroni!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 504Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 892mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 24g
This nutrition information is auto-generated. Nutritional values may change with specific items and brands used, so manual calculation is recommended if exact nutritional counts are needed.