- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-2 chicken breasts (Zaycon Foods chicken works well)
- 1/2 cup chopped asparagus
- 1/2 cup chopped Portobello mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup red wine
- salt and pepper to taste (sea salt and freshly-cracked pepper are best)
- Preheat the oven to 425° F
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Brown the chicken breast(s) in a pan with 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil, about 6 minutes on one side and 2 minutes on the other.
- Bake the chicken 10-15 minutes or until well-cooked.
- In the meantime, cook asparagus and Portobello mushrooms in a skillet with 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil until the mushrooms are darkened and tender and the asparagus is cooked with a slight crunch, about 8 minutes.
- Make the sauce: Melt 1 Tablespoon of butter then add flour, chicken broth, wine, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 10 minutes, until sauce has thickened a little, stirring occasionally.
- To plate, top the chicken breast with asparagus, Portobello mushrooms and red wine sauce.
-Did you try this recipe? Share your thoughts below and post a picture of your family enjoying Chicken with Asparagus, Portobello & Red Wine Sauce on my Facebook wall!