Disclaimer: I am a member of Sverve received a free product for my review! These views are my own and were not at all influenced by the party who gave me this opportunity..
If you are like me, you are wary of carrying cash around with you everywhere you go because it is not secure, and you also do not want to have to use a credit card all the time and get into debt, so you use your bank/debit card. Often bank cards are very basic designs and nothing too personal and most have a high overdraft fee. Being a creative and artistic person, I love when my personality and interests can show in every aspect possible of my life. For these reasons I love CARD.com and their Visa prepaid debit cards! View their site here.
You may have seen other companies that offer programs similar to this one, but they don’t have the thousands of card designs that card.com has from animals to comics to causes to flags. For my card I chose the Support Our Troops design as this cause is close to my heart since my husband is in the Air Force. Now every time I swipe my card everyone around can see one thing that defines me.
CARD.com is an FDIC-certified company owned by Bancorp. When signing up, they will ask you for your SSN, however, this is because they are a bank and for security purposes they have to require your social by law (the USA Patriot Act, the Bank Secrecy Act, and the Money Laundering Act.) They will also ask you security questions so you can know your account is safe. You will get a pin number with your card. Keep this pin your little secret for extra security. THIS IS NOT A GIFT CARD. Your CARD.com card is yours and yours alone which is why you need to provide all of this information.
There are many benefits to using CARD.com rather than cash or credit cards or risking an overdraft on your bank card. Some are as follows:
- Free to order, activate and load–load with direct deposit, Paypal, Western Union, tax refunds and more–you can even load cash if you use a MoneyPak
- Free app and check deposits from your smartphone
- Free direct deposit
- Free card-to-card transfers, any time, anywhere, in seconds
- No overdraft fees — your card will not put an order through if it is going to go negative
- Safer than cash – 24/7 support, Visa fraud protection and 100% FDIC insurance on funds
- No debt, financially responsible, no interest/credit/APRs
- No credit check and approval in seconds
- 22,000 in-network ATMs
- Valid everywhere Visa is accepted
- Thousands of card designs to choose from
Free for 30 days then $5.95 monthly fee which is the same as Walmart’s prepaid card (no fee when you direct deposit over $800 in the previous 30 days)
Have more questions? Visit their FAQ page here.