Disclaimer: I received a free product for my review! These views are my own and were not at all influenced by the party who gave me this opportunity..
Time goes by too quickly so we take pictures! I like to preserve my favorite photos in unique ways like canvas prints! Instead of just the print, however, I decided to turn the canvas print into a craft–a key holder!
This is a 16″x20″x.75″ canvas print from Easy Canvas Prints. I just got the basic print, but there are so many options to choose from. You can choose thicker wraps or framed prints and you can choose different ways for the picture to wrap around the edge (mirror, continued image, border color.) Besides this, you also have options to change your photo to black and white or sepia and they even offer photo retouching to remove people from your photo, enhance skin and teeth and more! Size options range from 8″x8″ to 30″x40″ and they even offer a custom size option. They often have discounts and free shipping. I am really impressed with the quality of this print. The picture is so clear and the colors are so true. This print is the perfect size for my wall, not too big and not too small. Easy Canvas Prints are simple to order as well with easy-to-follow directions, details about your different options, and messages if the resolution is too low. I put a photo through with low resolution and they emailed me shortly after and placed a hold on printing to make sure that I was ok with the low resolution and gave me the option of choosing a different photo or overriding to send through the original photo. I really loved that they cared!
So how did I make this gorgeous canvas print into a personalized key holder for our home?
1) I chose one of my favorite photos of my husband and I from our pre-deployment pictures by Louise Restorff Photography and chose the mirror wrap and ordered the print with all the default settings online.
2) Once the canvas print arrived on my doorstep, I was so excited and opened it immediately ready to start on my project! I grabbed out some acrylic paint, a small brush, and some small hooks and set them up on the table.
3) Because I planned to paint words onto my print, I wanted to make sure the size and placement was consistent so I created a word document and typed out what I wanted to write and printed it. I just used size 72 and the default font. Once it was printed, I cut it out and placed it just above where I planned to paint on the canvas.
4) I started to paint the words I had chosen with acrylic paint (because it is fast-drying and easy to come by) and kept them pretty basic the first time around. I went back over for another coat and started to stylize the letters and make them bolder. If you cannot or choose not to paint freehand, you can always draw the letters on first and fill it in or use letter stencils or stamps with acrylic paint.
5) Once the paint dried I decided where I wanted the hooks (you can use a tape measure and mark the hook placement to be sure the hooks are evenly spaced,) and how many. I chose two hooks because, in all honesty, that is all that we had left in our box of hooks and nails. These were fairly simple to install, just put a little pressure to get them going and begin to turn them in. Keep applying pressure and pretty soon they will be in enough that you can just turn them like a screw until they are all the way in and facing the proper direction.
This is a very easy project that pairs perfectly with your Easy Canvas Prints and will definitely be a great conversation starter in your home!
Follow my blog on Pinterest to see this and other projects from Arts & Crackers!
–Are you going to do this? I’d love to see how yours turn out! Post up your photos on my Facebook wall!
Enter below to win a FREE 8×10 canvas print from Easy Canvas Prints! MANDATORY: COMPLETE BOTH ENTRIES FOR YOUR ENTRIES TO QUALIFY. THOSE AFTER ARE OPTIONAL. ARTS & CRACKERS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PULL YOUR ENTRIES IF THIS IS NOT FOLLOWED. Thank you! This giveaway is open to citizens of the contiguous UNITED STATES.
a Rafflecopter giveaway