Featuring Popcornopolis PLUS a Giveaway!
Disclaimer: I participated in the Mom Blog Tour at the Summer Fancy Food Show on behalf of Wendy's Bloggers and received Popcornopolis products to facilitate my review. All opinions and recipes are my own.
As I popped some delicious Popcornopolis popcorn into my mouth, I felt inspired and challenged. This popcorn is great by itself, but could I use it in a recipe? At first I tried a nutritious trail mix. Let’s just say it tasted a little too healthy. Fail. I decided instead to satisfy my sweet tooth with some Caramel Apple Popcorn Bark for fall.
At the Popcornopolis booth at the Fancy Food Show in NYC, I loved hearing the back story of how Food Network helped them create their most popular Zebra flavor by happy accident. Their variety of unique flavors really stirred up my creativity. I was also pretty tempted by this giant bag of popcorn!
Fall spirit has taken a hold of me, so I decided to to give my bark treats some fall flare. Since I had caramel popcorn, I wanted to add some apple flavor…mmm caramel apples!
- White chocolate chips
- Apple cider drink mix
- Popcornopolis caramel popcorn
- Chocolate sprinkles or mini chocolate chips
- Chopped peanuts (optional)
- Stonewall Kitchen Sea Salt Caramel Sauce (optional)
1. Put the popcorn in a plastic baggie and crush it up into bits.
2. Melt some white chocolate according to the package instructions.
3. Stir the apple cider drink mix into the white chocolate (I used 1 cup chocolate and one drink mix packet, but you can adjust to your liking.)
4. Spread the melted chocolate mixture onto a piece of wax paper (I just did this on the counter, but you can place the wax paper into a shallow baking pan.) I did a thin layer, but I recommend making it thinner (they will be a lot sturdier after.)
5. While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle on the crushed popcorn and push down lightly onto the tops of the pieces so they stick nicely to the chocolate.
6. Shake on some chocolate sprinkles or chips.
7. Add some peanuts if you wish.
8. If you want, drizzle some caramel sauce on the top. I do not recommend adding a lot. The caramel will not harden, so it will be a little messy, but it’s a yummy touch.
9. Let the bark harden completely, give it at least an hour and a half. 10. Once the bark is completely hardened, you can break it up by hand or cut it into neat chunks.
I am not providing nutritional info on this one as I did not use any specific amounts. Since the bark is so sweet (in a good way), the serving size is pretty small. Popcornopolis, known for its cone-shaped bags, has a huge variety of pre-popped popcorns. Their products are gluten free, non-GMO, and have no high fructose corn syrup. In fact, they prepare their popcorn in pure coconut oil. The popcorn has a shelf life of 9 months unopened and 2 weeks opened.
Surprisingly, Kettle Corn was my favorite flavor. To the point that I didn’t even get a chance to take pictures of it. And this all when I don’t usually like kettle corn. My second favorite flavor was the Cinnamon Toast. They were both sweet, but not overly sweet. I really want to try the cupcake flavor too (it’s sweet, I’m sure, but YUM!)
I personally wasn’t a big fan of the Zebra flavor, but that one went over very well with the guests at our board game night. In fact, the small bags were great favors to hand out to everyone who came. If you aren’t a fan of the really sweet flavors, you would enjoy their Nearly Naked variety. This product is simply popcorn cooked in pure coconut oil and sprinkled with just a tiny bit of salt. It makes for a great travel snack, too, perfect for holiday traveling coming up. We ate it to and from picking my husband up at the airport.
Follow Popcornopolis on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Which Popcornopolis flavor do you want to try first? Know someone who could use this? Hit the “share” buttons below! Be sure to follow Arts & Crackers on social media (buttons at the top right of the page.) You May Also Like
I would love to try the almond toffee flavvoor it sounds delicious!
i would most like to try the cinnamon bun popcorn. i like that they can package them in cones!
I would like to try their Cupcake flavored popcorn.
Yum!! I’d like to try all, but if I had to chose one I’d pick cinnamon bun.
I would love to try the chicago mix popcorn!
I am most interested in the jalapeno cheddar variety.
I would love to try their Chicago Style Popcorn!
I’d like to try the Peanut Butter Cup.
I’m most excited to try Cheddar Cheese.
I would love to try the Chicago Style popcorn.
I am most excited to try the Almond Toffee!
I’d love to try the chocolate candy cane flavor
Pingback: 60+ Favorite Desserts For Fall - Trend Fashion 2020