This Easy Meatless Lasagna takes very little time to prep and make and the whole family will love it. Serve with a chopped salad full of leafy greens and chickpeas for protein.
Easy Meatleass Lasagna
Cook time: approx. 1 hr.
- 1 24-oz jar garden vegetable chunky pasta sauce
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, minced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, minced
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup fine-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 12 oven-ready lasagna noodles (uncooked)
- 1 cup regular shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Mix together the pasta sauce, pizza sauce, bell peppers, and salt and black pepper.
2. In a separate container, combine ricotta cheese, fine-shredded mozzarella cheese, egg, and a little more black pepper.
3. When ready to cook, begin by adding a small amount of the sauce mixture to the bottom of a 9×13 glass baking pan. This will help the noodles to not stick.
4. Begin layering the lasagna: 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the sauce, 3 lasagna noodles, ricotta cheese mixture, 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the sauce, 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the sauce and regular shredded mozzarella.
5. Loosely cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
6. Serve warm with a side of chopped salad. We like to double-stack ours!
This recipe may not be copied or re-distributed, but is open for personal use. If printing, please be sure to reference artscrackers.com as the source.