Summertime is full of requests for snacks, and we hand out a few more than usual here with the kids spending more time outside and being active. Because of this, I take extra care to provide balanced, nutritious snacks as much as possible. This summer my boys are enjoying String Cheese Fireworks, a delicious 4th of July snack idea for kids!
We love Frigo® Cheese Heads® snack products, so I am excited to partner with them on this sponsored post to share this fun and nutritious 4th of July snack idea with you.
My boys love Frigo® Cheese Heads® String Cheese and we are always making different String Cheese snacks and wrapper crafts. Our whole family enjoys their String Cheese and it’s perfect for snacks at home or on the go (we even serve it up with lunch!).
The kids were so excited for their String Cheese Fireworks snack that they couldn’t keep their hands away while I was taking pictures.
These String Cheese Fireworks are a 4th of July snack the kids can help make, too. It is so simple and you can get creative and add different snack ingredients such as bell pepper slices, cucumber sticks, blueberries, and more!
String Cheese Fireworks 4th of July Snack Idea for Kids
What You Need
- Frigo® Cheese Heads® String Cheese
- Shredded carrots
- Dried cranberries or raisins
*You will want to use a large plate for this, or just make it a snack-tivity on a piece of wax paper or parchment paper right on the table.
1. Your String Cheese will love this part–pull the String Cheese stick into strings! Don’t worry if they aren’t all even–in fact, this makes the String Cheese Fireworks even more fun! The kids will love participating in this step and it’s a great way to work on those fine motor skills.
2. Place the String Cheese in a firework shape–sort of an asterisk, but I recommend not overlapping the String Cheese pieces or you’ll end up with a big lump in the middle.
3. Add pieces of String Cheese between the ones from step 2 (I used the thinner/shorter ones for this.).
4. Using the same steps (minus the shredding, of course), make another firework or two using the shredded carrots (or other snack items).
5. Give your String Cheese Fireworks a little more pop by placing some dried cranberries/raisins around them.
String Cheese Fireworks are the perfect summer snack and activity to celebrate Independence Day. This 4th of July, gather the kids, String Cheese, shredded carrots, and other snacks and have a blast creating your very own version of this Fireworks String Cheese snack idea. Make it at home or on a picnic.
Find more delicious String Cheese recipes and snack ideas on the Frigo® Cheese Heads® website.
What are your 4th of July plans? Will you be going to see fireworks?
You'll Also Love These Posts!
This post may contain affiliate links and sponsored ads; using these links helps support my blog and my family. Money earned goes towards tithe, coffee to keep me sane, and then placed into savings towards our dream of buying a house and homesteading. Thank you for your support! Content from my site may not be copied, used or repurposed, and all rights belong to Arts & Crackers; however, if you are doing a roundup post, you may included one watermarked "finished product" image with a direct link back to the coordinating post (do not hotlink); I appreciate when notice is given to me ahead of time or specific permission requested. Have questions? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.