Disclaimer: I received a free product for my post! These views are my own and were not at all influenced by the party who gave me this opportunity..
Feeding my family healthy meals is one of my goals. While fruits and vegetables may not always taste the best, they are very important to have in your diet. A great way to get those nutrients into the diets of picky eaters is to hide them!
Activz is a great way to hide fruits and vegetables in foods like smoothies, soups, cakes, dips, and so much more. I had the opportunity to try their kale powder and will share a recipe at the bottom of this post.
What I Love
First off, I have to say how much I love that this product is USDA certified organic and does not contain GMOs. It also is free of artificial colors, dyes, and nutrients. It is made with real fruits and vegetables and contains loads of vitamins and minerals. It is also a lot more convenient than always finding fresh options, especially when they are out of season.
I have to be honest; when I first received this powder, it took me quite a while to find what to put it in and how much of it to add. I love kale, but it has a strong flavor so I was not too sure what to do with it, unlike some of their other powders that I could have chosen. I decided to look on their site for some recipe inspiration and I love all the different options they have! They are a great place to start.
Even without the preservatives, Activz Kale Powder can be kept for years if needed. Because you can keep it so long, you can actually save money! I know that when I buy fresh produce it goes bad so quickly a lot gets wasted. No more!
Activz has so many great products to choose from and so many powder varieties. Beet, coconut water, carrot, and pumpkin are just a few!
What I’m Not Huge On
I did have a difficult time getting over the strong kale flavor packed into each serving, but once I found the right foods to add it into I realized I quite like it. Finding out how much of the powder to add to everything also took some trial and error, but the recipes on their site were a great help. Even my kids loved the hummus!
Overall, I am excited to continue trying my Activz Kale Powder in different recipes and trying some of their other products in the future!
Garlic and Kale Hummus
(a variation of the Lemon Kale Hummus in their recipe section)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained (reserve half to add in later)
- ½ the liquid from the chickpeas
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced and roasted (or 2 teaspoons of minced garlic in a jar)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Activz Kale Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend 60 seconds or until smooth.
- Serve with your favorite vegetables or chips or spread onto a sandwich!
Know someone who could use this? Hit the “share” buttons below! Be sure to follow Arts & Crackers on social media (buttons at the top right of the page.)
You May Also Like
- Gorton’s Grilled Seafood Review and Tilapia Recipe
- Southwestern Soup Sabroso Recipe
- PREMAMA Complete Prenatal Vitamins Review and Recipe
- Pork and Bean Soup with Kale
- Daregal Gourmet Fresh Herbs Review and Recipes
- Tomato and String Cheese Pasta Salad Recipe
-What will you add Activz powder to?