Disclaimer: I received a free product for my post! These views are my own and were not at all influenced by the party who gave me this opportunity..
I have had the opportunity to test the brand new PowerShot detergent from Purex. It self-doses and you can use it in three simple steps: flip, dose, done. No measuring, no mess…now how does that sound?
Purex PowerShot easy measure liquid detergent comes in two great scents which include: Mountain Breeze and Natural Elements Linen & Lillies. It is concentrated, so it stretches a lot further than other brands and has 50% more stain fighting power in each drop than regular Purex detergent. That’s some mighty good stain fighting power!
We tried the Mountain Breeze scent which paired nicely with our Mountain Breeze Crystals. I asked my son what he thought it smelled like and his reply was, “Tasty Chocolate and Blue.” No, please do not taste this product haha. He was referring to the fact that chocolate smells tasty. To me, it has a light, fresh floral scent to it.
What I Love
While measuring laundry detergent is not difficult or time consuming on an everyday basis, a self-measuring detergent bottle definitely comes in handy for many reasons.
1. If you are having one of those mommy-brain days, you do not have to second-guess on how much detergent you are measuring. This is especially helpful as often the fill lines on detergent caps are difficult to see.
2. Clingy baby? No problem! You can easily measure and pour one-handed (and all this WITHOUT giving Baby an opportunity to grab the cup and plunge his hand inside the gooey detergent.)
3. While my husband already helps immensely with the laundry, many simply do not know what to do (one reason I am teaching my son at an early age!) Now, they do not have to worry about dosing out the proper amount of detergent…simply 1 flip for regular loads or 2 flips for large or extra dirty loads! That’s it!
4. It’s so easy, even your kids can use it! Having someone to help lighten the laundry load can be a huge stress-reliever. Whether your kids are young or old, they can now help with the laundry! Even my 4-year-old was able to use the bottle easily without making a mess (with parental supervision, of course)! You can teach your kids to help with chores, be responsible, and have fun doing it.
I also love that the no-spill detergent bottle saves from giant messes like I often make when I am not paying close attention dumping detergent into a cap, or when I place the cap back on without fully emptying the detergent from it.
What I’m Not Huge On
There are only two things I would really like to see with this product. The first is that the bottle could be a little more ergonomic. While it was not really difficult to tip over, I am used to pouring, not flipping, so I would prefer the bottle to work with me to flip upside down a little more comfortably. It felt a little awkward. Not a huge deal, as dispensing only takes a few seconds, but would be helpful for those who are smaller, like children who are learning to give a helping hand.
The second is that I would really love to see this product offered in Free & Clear! While I love scented detergent, I cannot handle it too much on my clothing so we can only use this for my husband and kids.
Overall, Purex PowerShot automatically-dispensing detergent is so easy to use–no guess, no mess. It helps you simplify your laundry routine and get more done with a little one in your arms! I have to say, at first I was skeptical. How could this really keep dosing the right amount without constantly leaking out more? I have to tell you, though, it worked just as it said it would!
No guess. No mess.
Bonus clip: Check out my video to see how my 4-year-old helped with the laundry (and see for yourself how Purex PowerShot dispenses and automatically refills!)
You May Also Like
- Purex Aromatherapy Crystals Review and DIY
- Purex Mountain Breeze Crystals Review and DIY
- Purex No Sort Detergent Review
- Purex Crystals Dryer Sheets Review
- Purex UltraPacks plus Oxi Review
- Purex Laundry Help Smartphone App
-How could a self-measuring detergent help you?