As the warm weather rolls in, I like to create light recipes. One of my favorites for those hot spring and summer days is my Spring to Summer Couscous Salad.
This is a simple and refreshing salad recipe full of bright colors and flavors.
The citrus and basil gives an energizing and cooling tanginess.
You Will Need
- 1 box of couscous
- olive oil
- grape tomatoes
- fresh basil
This is a quick and easy meal you can pull together on a whim. It is vegetarian and vegan recipe and loaded with protein and vitamins. You can make this a gluten-free recipe as well by choosing gluten-free couscous or replacing the couscous with brown rice or quinoa.
- 1 10-oz. box couscous (original, plain)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lemons
- ½ cup chickpeas
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Make the couscous according to the directions on the box. Stir with a fork to separate.
- Stir in olive oil and lemon juice.
- Mix in chickpeas and basil then carefully fold in the tomatoes.
- Chill in the refrigerator a few hours or overnight. Serve cold.
I would love to hear from you in the comments below–-Do you like couscous? What is your favorite spring/summer dish?