Disclaimer: This is a guest post from Foodies Unite!
Hi, my name is Stephanie and I am a self-proclaimed foodie–I love to cook and eat! I have been running a blog ever since college and I had to start cooking for myself. I have great inspiration because my mom is a 100% Italian homemade “chef.” She cooks for friends and family just for fun.
Anyway, I am honored to be part of Alyssa’s blog today while she tends to her growing family 🙂
Today’s recipe was inspired by the Vanilla French Toast Bake HERE.
I made a few changes as I was cooking for 7 people. This recipe serves about 8. I also wanted to make this the night before so I could just pop it in the oven the next morning when our guests were hungry. I love overnight casseroles because you can prepare everything the night before and have it still taste fresh whenever you are ready to serve it!
Thanks again to Foodies Unite for sharing!
- 16 slices of bread (I used a mixture of whole wheat, honey wheat and blueberry swirl)
- 8 eggs
- 1 and 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk (any milk will do)
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 banana
- Strawberries (for garnish, optional)
- Syrup, to serve
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice bread into 1-inch cubes.
- Spread onto greased baking dish, a 9x13 glass pan works well.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- Pour on top of bread.
- Squish bread into egg/milk mixture.
- If you want to let this set in the fridge overnight to cook for the next morning, stop here.
- When you are ready to cook the French toast, slice banana on top of bread.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- When it comes out of the oven, you can eat it hot or let it cool to room temperature.
- Cut into 8 pieces.
- If you would like, slice some fresh strawberries on top (or any fruit you have on hand.)
- Serve with syrup (Boysenberry works well.)
Follow me on Google+, Facebook, Twitter>, Pinterest, and Instagram. This post may contain affiliate links and sponsored ads; using these links helps support my blog. Advertise Here; contact email@example.com.