My family loves hot chocolate, especially on chilly days like today. This very rich, sweet hot chocolate is a perfect treat and dessert to warm up after a day of playing in the snow.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons Cinnamon Blue Agave
- 1 star anise
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips chop up for faster and smoother melting
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup hot milk
- In a medium sauce pan, combine heavy cream, agave, and star anise and bring to a simmer. If you do not have Cinnamon Blue Agave, add instead Blue Agave and one cinnamon stick.
- Once your liquid is simmering, turn off the heat, remove the anise (and cinnamon stick if you chose that route) and slowly add in the chocolate. Stir until smooth.
- You can use this immediately or let it cool.
- Stir in the water then the milk and serve.
~If the hot chocolate is too rich or thick for you, add more water/milk.
~Don't want to make hot chocolate? Try saving the ganache to top cakes or add to chocolate candies!