My family loves hot chocolate, especially on chilly days like today. This very rich, sweet hot chocolate is a perfect treat and dessert to warm up after a day of playing in the snow.
Thick, rich, and sweet hot chocolate--makes for a tasty treat on a chilly day.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons Cinnamon Blue Agave
- 1 star anise
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips chop up for faster and smoother melting
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup hot milk
For the ganache
- In a medium sauce pan, combine heavy cream, agave, and star anise and bring to a simmer. If you do not have Cinnamon Blue Agave, add instead Blue Agave and one cinnamon stick.
- Once your liquid is simmering, turn off the heat, remove the anise (and cinnamon stick if you chose that route) and slowly add in the chocolate. Stir until smooth.
- You can use this immediately or let it cool.
For the hot chocolate
- Stir in the water then milk and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 590Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 29gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 51mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 6gSugar: 36gProtein: 6g
This nutrition information is auto-generated. Nutritional values may change with specific items and brands used, so manual calculation is recommended if exact nutritional counts are needed.