- 1 eggplant
- Olive oil
- Fresh chopped basil (Daregal Gourmet works well)
- Panko bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste (sea salt and fresh cracked pepper are the best)
- Pasta sauce (see my Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce recipe HERE)
- 1 stick string cheese, pulled into strands
- Preheat the oven to 450° F.
- Wash the outside of the eggplant then cut into six 1-inch thick slices (circles.)
- Place each piece onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Drizzle each piece with olive oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Top each with a layer of panko bread crumbs, crushing between your fingers as you go, and a pinch of basil.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, make my Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce recipe found HERE.
- Remove from the oven and top with the shreds of string cheese in an asterisk pattern. Bake another 2 minutes until the cheese starts to melt.
- Plate each and top with a scoop of sauce.
-Did you try this recipe? Share your thoughts below and post a picture of your family enjoying Eggplant Parmesan on my Facebook wall!