My boys are obsessed.
My son loves all the Star Wars characters, but there are are a few that he talks about all the time. One of these lucky characters is Chewbacca.
I had to make Chewbacca cupcakes!
These are really quite simple to make, which worked out perfectly since I needed something I could whip out a ton of for our party goers. I decided I should probably share the tutorial with you and have even included a video for this one!
Here’s how to make these “Wookiee cute” Chewie cupcakes:
What You Need
- Cupcakes (I used chocolate–bake them in brown rappers if you have them), fully cooked and cooled
- Cake frosting (you can make your own, buy it here, or buy from the store–I picked up some white frosting at our grocery store’s bakery; alternatives, thanks to my boys, listed in the directions list)
- Gel food coloring (I used brown and a goldenrod color which can be made with a mix of brown and yellow–here is my favorite starter set or this one is great too)
- Frosting bags (Here are the ones I have; use as directed)
- Frosting couplers
- Frosting tips (two different sizes star tips–I believe I used #22 and #21, and one thin round tip–I believe I used #2)
- Two small containers for mixing the frosting colors
- Candy eyes
- Chocolate chips
- White cake decorating gel
Now for the simple step-by-step instructions!
Follow me on Google+, Facebook, Twitter>, Pinterest, and Instagram. This post may contain affiliate links and sponsored ads; using these links helps support my blog. Advertise Here; contact email@example.com.