Lemonade is one of my absolute favorite drinks, especially in the hot summer months. Occasionally, I enjoy making homemade lemonade and adding mix-ins to it. This Blueberry Lemonade is delicious and fits seamlessly with my Blueberry Lemonade Chic patio decor.
- 1 cup simple syrup
- 7 lemons
- 4 cups cold water
- Ice (optional)
- Handful of blueberries (you can also try this with raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, watermelon, etc.)
1. Make simple syrup. On the stove, dissolve 2 cups of sugar in 3 cups of water, let cool, store extra in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
2. In a citrus juicer, juice 6 lemons, removing the seeds. You can keep the pulp (I did) or strain it.
3. Slice up one lemon then add the slices into the lemon juice in a pitcher. Store in the refrigerator until the simple syrup is cool.
4. Add 1 cup chilled simple syrup into the lemon juice mixture.
5. Add 4 cups of water to the lemon juice and simple syrup mixture. Add ice if desired.
6. In a cup, smash some blueberries (I used a muddler) until the juices come out.
7. Pour in the lemonade. I leave the bits of blueberry, but if you don’t like that you can strain it out.
Lemonade is one of those things that goes very much by personal tastes. I prefer mine tart. If you prefer a sweeter lemonade, add a little extra simple syrup and a little less water. If you prefer it to be more watery, add a little extra water or ice. Experiment until it tastes just like you like it.
You May Also Like
- Make Your Own Blueberry Basil Lemonade Citronella Candles
- DIY Burlap Outdoor Throw Pillows
- Clean and Green Recipes
- Spring to Summer Couscous Salad
- Strawberry Yogurt and Rhubarb Muffins
- Zesty Burger with Veggies Recipe
-What is your favorite lemonade flavor?
Follow me on Google+, Facebook, Twitter>, Pinterest, and Instagram. This post may contain affiliate links and sponsored ads; using these links helps support my blog. Advertise Here; contact email@example.com.